Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Beauty of Just Being There!

On a day off from work, staring out of my window, I was stuck by the beauty of the sun. It just stuck me that simply how glorious the sun is and simply how soothing the breeze is. It is then that I realized that in the race of life, I had forgotten to slow down and to appreciate the beauty of small things. 

I decided to take some time off for myself, simply to stare at the sunlight, to take in the smell of the soil and to listen to the chirping of birds. I simply stared. I simply listened. I simply breathed. No thoughts crossed my mind. No words escaped lips. All was silence, all was peace, and then the peace of nature simply seeped through my soul.

Sometimes, that’s how things work – so simple and right there in front of our eyes and yet we don’t see it. I was stuck with awe simply by looking at the stillness of nature and by the depth of its calmness. God has made all things so simple and so beautiful. All we need to do is to turn to nature, to this immense source of solace and peace will simple follow. 
Sometimes, we need to slow down to speed up. We need to stop so that we may start again. Break the routine, or the routine may break you. Take a break, or the brakes may fail you.
You don’t need to fly off to a distant land or ski your way through the sea to have that break. You simply need to step out of your home to the nearest park and stare at the setting sun and the children playing.

While driving to work the next day, I stared at the horizon and the rising sun to admire its boundless beauty. I took a few moments to absorb the scene – the sun throwing out some magnificent shades of red and orange, the trees beautifully lined up the street and the sweet chillness of the air spreading its joy into the very bottom of my soul. Everything was simply so glorious, simply so beautiful. And that – just that – made my day.

Silence is a gift most of us fail to appreciate and only a few of us can truly cherish. Life is beautiful. Live it beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment